Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Strawberry Romanoff: Tastes Just Like LaMadeline!

Pin It


 Hello all! I hope everyone is enjoying what we have left of summer! One of my favorite summer fruits is a strawberry. My kids love them too and every summer we go down to the local strawberry patch a pick an entire bucket. So.....we always have plenty of fresh strawberries around the house. We also love to go to La Madeline and have strawberry romanoff for dessert. So, I had the grand idea of trying to make a copy cat recipe! Guess what!??!?! I did a darn good job and it is so yummy! It tastes just like Strawberry Romanoff from LaMadeline! Yippee!

Also, one of my favorite people in the world was in town to help me cook! I call Grace "Sister Soul!" She is actually like a niece to me and is the daughter one one of my closest friends. She now lives in North Carolina and I miss her dearly! She is down visiting and she was my kitchen assistant this week! I love you sister soul and you did a great job in the kitchen!








Ingredients:
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tbsps brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract 
12 cup heavy cream
3 tbsps sugar
4 cups strawberries (fresh)
(optional: A splash of brandy or rum) 

Mix sour cream, brown sugar, vanilla, heavy cream, & sugar in a mixer until sauce starts to thicken. Chill for one hour and use the fresh strawberries for dipping! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Twelve cups of heavy cream? Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deb! So when I made this recipe I assumed a type-o and added 1c of heavy cream, but it was too liquidy so I added some more sour cream and that made it perfect. So I'm assuming it's a 1:1 sour cream to heavy cream ratio.

    Hope this is helpful!

    ReplyDelete