Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lemon Supreme Cookies with Fresh Lemon Icing!

Hello all, I know everyone has been waiting for the wonderful Mexican food recipe and I want to apologize! My camera is being fixed so I can’t take fabulous pictures! :( Boohoo! So, to hold yall over I wanted to share this amazing lemon cookie recipe that I found and made this week for two of my friend’s birthdays! Enjoy and I hope to have the camera fixed by Monday so please come back for the fiesta in your mouth! Love to all and thanks for being patient! Blessings!


Ingredients
Cookie:
1 package lemon supreme cake mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
¼ cup sugar

Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (approx. one lemon)


Directions
         Preheat oven to 375ยบ
         In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs; stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened
         Shape dough into 1” balls; lace 2” apart on ungreased cookie sheet
         Bake for 5-7 minutes or until edges are light, golden brown; cool 1 minute then remove from cookie sheet
         In another small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice until you obtain a smooth icing consistency; using a teaspoon, drizzle icing over cookies and sprinkle with powdered before the icing sets (if desired)

 Tips:
         Freshly squeezed lemons work best
         Icing consistency can be adjusted using either more lemon juice or more confectioner sugar; allow icing to completely set before storing cookies
         Placing wax paper under the cooling racks before icing cookies can make clean-up much easier

2 comments:

  1. Loved,loved,loved them.lemon heaven.Easy I used a large melon baller to get the perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you do with the quarter cup of sugar? I made these and then noticed it was in the ingredients and I had not used it. They turned out very nice. I think I need to play around with the icing as even though I squeezed a lemon and used fresh lemon juice it still had a somewhat fake taste, I am sure it is due to the powdered sugar. I might try different brands or sifting or maybe cutting it with some real sugar? If you have some thoughts I would love them.

    ReplyDelete